CHARLOTTE, N.C. — StarMed Healthcare is partnering with CMS and the Mecklenburg County Health Department to offer COVID-19 vaccinations and testing at five CMS school locations for kids ages 5 and over.
At each CMS location children will have the opportunity to get the safe and effective Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson and Johnson vaccine to protect themselves from COVID-19.
Officials say the vaccinations are given free of cost, with or without insurance.
Children can also be tested for COVID-19 at each of the CMS locations at no cost to their families.
Officials say no referrals are necessary and walk-up patients are welcome as a StarMed medical staff member gently collects a nasal swab sample to be tested for the virus.
Patients can get instant results with a rapid test, or take a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test that will provide a patient’s results in a day or so by email or text.
Registration for COVID-19 vaccination and testing at the five CMS locations is available online here.
StarMed staff will offer the vaccinations and testing at the following CMS locations:
- Rocky River High School, 10505 Clear Creek Commerce Dr., Mint Hill, NC 28227, (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Garinger High School, 1100 Eastway Dr., Charlotte, NC 28205, (8 a.m.- 2 p.m.)
- James Martin Middle School, 7800 IBM Dr. Charlotte, NC 28262, (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Waddell Language Academy, 7030 Nations Ford Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217, (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- Barnette Elementary School, 13659 Beatties Ford Rd., Huntersville, NC 28078, (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)